I am very pleased to announce that the Ranger Proof Arms, LLC enhanced bolt carrier group is now available. I will be adding this to my online store, under the “shop” tab. I am very fortunate to have aligned myself with Azimuth Technology, out of Naples, Florida. This is an absolute state-of-the-art machine shop, putting out some of the best products in the industry. This bolt carrier group will be standard in all of my rifles and upper receivers, as well as for sale separately.
This carrier is made to the highest standards, and I actually can say that I had a little bit to do with the design. This is just another reason that I love doing business with Azimuth Technology. They really listen to the input of actual SHOOTERS, people who have time behind the product, and can give them input in what is REALLY needed.
So, let’s dissect the carrier and the bolt, and see what this is all about:
PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE FOR ENLARGED DETAIL PICTURE:
Carrier Assembly: The enhanced bolt carrier is designed to reduce carrier tilt/cant during recoil and increasing reliability by strategically relocating key bearing surfaces. The enhanced carrier has fewer points of contact resulting in less friction area and the slight increase in carrier mass extends dwell time and ensures proper gas pressures for reliable extraction.
*Material: Case-hardened 8620 steel (complete care is taken during the heat treat process, so as to not harm the metal)
• Finish: Black Nitride. This advanced low friction coating minimizes the need for lubricants, as well as being very resistant to wear. Most recognize Nitride as “Melonite” or “Isonite”. This is a salt bath nitrocarbonite coating, that has proven to be very good for hard use parts.
• Gas key: 4130 Steel, attached with Grade 8 hardware, torqued and properly staked into a milled “valley” around a fully encased ejection port area, for added strength and rigidity.
• Cam Pin: Hardened 4340 cam pin.
• Firing Pin: Mil Spec firing pin made of 8740 steel, center-less ground and Hard Chrome coated.
Bolt Assembly: The Bolt is “true” Mil Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treat for a precision fit. These bolts are held to the highest possible tolerance possible. The “trumpet” area behind the gas rings, where carbon normally collects, is precision CNC Ground after heat treatment, to ensure as smooth of an area as possible, easing clean up, and longevity.
• Material: 9310 Case Hardened Steel
• Finish: All Bolt components Shot Peened & Manganese Phosphate
• Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
• MPI: Magnetic Particle Inspected
• HPT: High Pressure Test
* Mil Spec Extractor Spring & O-Ring Combination
Everyone that follows me on Instagram, saw the coating test that I did a while back, where I shot 2,000 rounds of TulAmmo with zero lubrication. I documented it well with video and pictures. That coating WILL be offered, but it will be an up charge, and more expensive simply because the process is so time consuming and the coating itself is very expensive. However, it is, without a doubt… the best out there. Stay tuned for more on this as I get them available.
The above mentioned Bolt Carrier Group, will come complete, shipped to your door, ready to drop into your rifle and begin shooting. The price will be $189.00 plus a flat $9.99 shipping fee. I am also open to large quantity orders, and dealer orders are available. Please check the “shop” tab tomorrow for order details. Any questions… please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org